Perfect Buttercream Icing Recipe How to Make Buttercream Fro

Hi guys I'm Jenn Johns and here's another episode of buttercream basics. Today I'm going to be showing you how to make vanilla buttercream and it's the only recipe you're ever going to need for piping on cupcakes and smoothing onto a cake. So what I've got here in the bowl of my stand mixer is one cup of salted butter it's at room temperature so it's nice and soft. I've got my paddle attachment here I'm going to whip it till it's nice and light and fluffy you can also do this with a hand mixer if you prefer. I'm going to lock my bowl here and get it whipping. Butter is nice and light and fluffy throughout the process you're going to want to take a large spatula and make sure you just give your bowl a wipe in order to help get everything mixed in together so I've got four cups of icing sugar that I'm going to put in to start.

We have a total of eight cups but I'm only going to put in half. You might know icing sugar as powdered sugar or confectioners sugar here in Canada we call it icing sugar there's a little fun fact for you but about one in here the reason I do half is just because it makes a little bit easier and it incorporates the butter better and also when the butter is nice and soft you're not going to get any of those butter chunks if you have had that problem that's the secret now make sure it's nice and light and soft so what I'm doing is I've got my four in here now and I'm also going to add some liquid because if I was going to turn this on at this point it wouldn't incorporate as best as I want so what I've got is some milk here you could use two percent one percent skim you can even use cream if you prefer I'm going to put four tablespoons in to start that's my magic starting number and then since I'm flavoring this with vanilla, I'm going to be using pure vanilla extract because the pure stuff is a really really delicious and it's much better and I've also got one tablespoon of that here as well so what I'm going to do now put it back on turn it up to medium speed and I'm going to let it incorporate 

completely cleaning my bowl one more time making sure to get all the butter that might be underneath where the paddle doesn't quite touch and then you just want to wipe off your spatula here on the paddle I'm going to add the rest of my icing sugar in at this point we should be pretty good to incorporate all of it and then I find for this recipe my secret number of milk tablespoons is going to be a total of six so I got two more that I want to put in and I find that that's the perfect amount of milk in order to pipes cupcakes a nice fluffy top and also it still works for spreading onto a cake I'm going to put two more in here here we go and then one final mix and I'm going to turn it on to medium again and mix it into it fully incorporated so this buttercream recipe makes about 4 cups of American buttercream it's the only recipe that you're ever going to need I promise you that now if you want more buttercream basics make sure you check out the playlist so they've got linked in the description box below and I've got more buttercream basics videos coming up because there's so many things you can do with buttercream make sure you subscribe here to Jenn Johns and also make sure you're over on my main channel cookies cupcakes and cardio as well see you guys all again next time 




Perfect Buttercream Icing Recipe How to Make Buttercream Fro















source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOZrRhJilkg